Monday, June 17, 2013

Inferno: A Novel by Dan Brown

At long last, another Dan Brown book!  I just can't get enough of Brown's intense and thrilling storytelling.  I'm not alone, a friend was on vacation in Hawaii and we shared many texts before we had both completed the book. 

Another plus for me is that the main historic character in this book is Dante Alighieri, as you have probably guessed from the title.  The writings of Dante, places where he lived and was buried, and places linked to him all feature in this amazing mystery.  Throw in travel in Europe, people who are not what them seem, a powerful private company, and the World Health Organization and the mystery becomes even more difficult to solve.

Although I have read all his work Inferno is easily my favorite Dan Brown yet.  My friend, Cat, and I discussed adding Inferno to our Book Club list as there is so much to discuss.  Those of you in discussion groups have probably had experiences where you loved a book but the discussion was rather flat.  This won't happen if you read Inferno with a group.  At the end a very interesting question is posed, one that is open ended and offers several reasonable answers. 

If I was ask to choose one book that I have read in 2013 for everyone I know to read it would be Inferno.  That is saying a lot because I've read some really great books this year, often feeling I didn't have enough reading hours in my days even though I listen to books while I drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment