Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Angelogy: A Novel

Although Danielle Trussoni's name did not jump out and grab me the title of her book did.  Angelogy: A Novel was downloaded onto my Kindle in moments.  Angels have attracted me, fascinated me and entertained me for as long as I can remember. 

To keep me reading and download the second book in the series required more and Trussoni did not let me down.  The main character, Evangeline, is likeable and real.  Her life growing up in a convent is a sharp contrast to the challenges she faces in adulthood.  There are some positive reviews out there comparing Angelogy with Dan Brown's recent Inferno: A Novel.  I understand the comparison.  Trussoni draws from mythology and the Bible to develop her story.  It is steeped in history at every level and the storyline is supported by action.  The classic struggle between good and evil is present as well although we understand that good and evil have a great deal in common.

The second book in the series, Angelopolis:  A Novel is out as well.  Gratefully it was downloaded and I was reading within minutes of completing Angelogy.  I needed more, I needed to keep turning those pages. 

Recently I wrote that if you only read one book this summer you should read Inferno:  A Novel.  Let me correct that.  You can't only read one book this summer.  You must read both Inferno and Angelogy.  I will leave the reading order up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment