Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Story A Day!

I don't think I am the only one who likes Christmas stories.  Although I would like to re-read A Christmas Carol every year I don't always have time.  Since I am against anything Christmas prior to Thanksgiving that reduces  my time slot as well.  It has become easier for me to pick up some quick Christmas title when I have a chance to sit next to the tree and enjoy the season.  These are easy reads so holiday background music is appropriate as well.  Although I have read many of them before it is always good to visit with an old friend you haven't read in at least a year. 

My goal is to read and share a Christmas story each day in December.  Don't worry I will not be posting long books that will take forever to complete.  While some will be religious by nature many will belong to other genre I often read such as mysteries or non-fiction.  Some of the titles will be appropriate and short enough to read to school age children. 

Please join me every day December 1st through 25th and see what story I have plucked from my stocking!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I usually read the Gift of the Magi ever year or so, but I don't know really know of any Christmas stories besides that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Gift of the Magi as well. I have several short reads to feature during that time. Right now I am checking to see how many can be downloaded, hopefully free, to make them more accessable to readers.

    ReplyDelete