Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Glass Castle

Although I finished The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls last week I held off blogging until after Friday night's Book Club.  Regular readers may remember that my group read Half Broke Horses by Walls for our February read.  You may want to note that we read them in chronological order story-wise not by publication date. They could be read in either order.

I hate to say this, but I have not become a fan of Walls.  I know she is a well known writer and has built a reputation at msnbc.  I just found much of this book difficult to read and lacking in creditability in many areas. 

However, it is my belief that books do not come "one size fits all" and you should read a review and decide for yourself.  This could end up being a book that resonates with you and become one of your favorites.  If everyone liked the same books publishers would cut way back on the number of titles they publish each year.  If you read one of these two books please leave a comment and let me know what you think.  A different prospective could help other readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment