Sunday, March 11, 2012

Timeless

In October I told you about my infatuation with Steampunk.  It is still alive and well.  On February 29th I downloaded the fifth book of Gail Carriger's Alexia Tarabotti Novels (also know as The Parasol Protectorate) but just this weekend had the chance to indulge.

Since I read the previous four books fairly close together I have been awaiting the arrival of book five.  It is everything I hoped it would be: intriguing, fast moving, entertaining, and a relaxing weekend read.

Alexia and her husband, Lord Maccon are settling into life with a special child unique even among preternaturals.  She can take on either vampire or werewolf form when she comes in contact with them.  Alexia accepts the invitation to travel to Egypt sent by the Queen of the Vampire hive in Alexandria.  A large entourage accompanies Lord and Lady Maccon and their daughter, Prudence, to meet with the Queen.  Things are never what they seem at first glance and the welfare of Alexia, her family and friends is at stake.  Learning more about her father and his life helps her to meet the challenges of Egypt. 

Not one to spoil a plot, I won't tell you the details but will suggest that you read the other books in the series--at least the first, Soulless, prior to reading book five.  The ALA Alex Award, given to adult books with appeal to  young adults ages 12-18 was awarded to Soulless so you won't regret the read.

Tea and Egypt will feature in my next two reads so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment