Sunday, January 15, 2012

Eat That Frog!

Eat That Frog!  21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy is a quick and easy read.  Tracy goes around the country giving motivational talks and it shows in his writing style.  Of course, since the topic is procrastination the quick and upbeat tone is appropriate if not mandatory.

This is not the first book I have read on setting goals, planning and getting more out of your life.  It is the first one that I recall telling me that I can't do everything.  Instead Tracy suggests you make the most of your time, but also realize that you must prioritize and do the most important things on your list.  Since I tend to be a person who wants to do it all it was hard to accept at first.  He does point out along the way that by saving time you really are making room for more of what you want in life.

The book is full of quotes that enforce and highlight the topics of each chapter.  In fact, the Eat That Frog! title is based on a quote by Mark Twain.

I appreciate the the information is organized at the end of each chapter in numbered steps.  If you can't follow the plan it won't be because Tracy didn't try.  The idea of writing down lists and committing to things on paper really appeals to who I am.  (Remember at the end of the year I shared my reading goals for 2012 with you.) 

The time you spend reading Eat That Frog!  21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastination and Get More Done in Less Time will reward you with much more time over the next year to do the things you really want to do.

The only negative thing I can say about this book is that the Kindle download was only ninety-nine cents when I bought it early this month and now you will have to pay around $8. for it.  However, after reading it and beginning my lists I think the full price is still a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment